Spiced Bacon Cold Brew Chutney
Garnish your picnic sandwiches and family dinner meals with our flavorful bacon chutney made with Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee.
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 medium red onions, sliced fine
- 2 yellow onions, sliced fine
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ cup Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- In a large pan, cook bacon over medium heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is brown. Set bacon aside on paper towel.
- Remove all, but about 3 tablespoons bacon grease from pan and add onions, jalapeño, salt and chipotle.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 30 minutes over medium-low until the onions have softened but not browned.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the cooked bacon.
- To the onion mixture, add remaining ingredients including bacon.
- Cook on low for about an hour, stirring often until about 1/4 cup of liquid remains, the bacon has softened and the onions are dark and rich in color.
- Remove from heat and place in an airtight container and seal.
- Refrigerate as soon as jars are cool enough to handle. Store for up to 6 weeks to develop flavor or serve immediately on everything.