- 1 pound bacon
- 2 medium red onions, sliced fine
- 2 yellow onions, sliced fine
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 cup Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- In a large pan, cook bacon over medium heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is brown. Set bacon aside on paper towel.
- Remove all, but about 3 tablespoons bacon grease from pan and add onions, jalapeño, salt and chipotle.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 30 minutes over medium-low until the onions have softened but not browned.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the cooked bacon.
- To the onion mixture, add remaining ingredients including bacon.
- Cook on low for about an hour, stirring often until about 1⁄4 cup of liquid remains, the bacon has softened and the onions are dark and rich in color.
- Remove from heat and place in an airtight container and seal.
- Refrigerate as soon as jars are cool enough to handle. Store for up to 6 weeks to develop flavor or serve immediately on everything.