Cold Brew and Fig Boozy Milkshake
We’ve teamed up with Elizabeth Stark of Brooklyn Supper to bring you a recipe for boozy milkshakes made with Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate, black Mission figs, vanilla ice cream, and rum.
Dried Fig Simple Syrup
- 1 cup dried black Mission figs (about 18 figs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate
- 10 large fresh figs, stems removed
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 4 tablespoons fig simple syrup
- 2 figs, stems trimmed and sliced
- Unsweetened whipped cream
- Pour the water into a medium-sized saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir in sugar, and when dissolved, add dried figs. Remove from heat just as mixture begins to boil. Set aside to steep for 30 minutes, then strain into a clean jar and chill, reserving the plumped figs for another use.
- Set out two Collins glasses. If desired, press sliced figs into the sides of the glasses for visual effect.
- To make milkshakes, combine Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate and fresh figs in the pitcher of a blender. Blend until mixture is smooth, but still has a few flecks of fig. Add ice cream, fig simple syrup, and rum, and blend just until combined and creamy.
- Pour milkshakes into glasses and garnish with whipped cream and a fig slice. Serve immediately.