Coffee Frozen Custard
Write a review
- 4 Large Eggs
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Coffee Concentrate (1 ½ cups if wanted stronger) – (Pecan Concentrate was used to make this custard, but the Mocha or Vanilla would work as well)
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, yolks, and sugar for approximately 5 minutes, or until thoroughly mixed. Once mixed, set to the side until step 3.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix the Heavy Cream and Whole Milk and heat slowly under medium heat. Heat the mixture until just before boiling in order to scald the milk. Once heated, remove from heat.
- Using a ladle, slowly introduce approximately 2 cups of the heated milk mixture into the egg mixture, while rapidly whisking, to temper the egg mixture.
- Once the 2 cups of milk are incorporated into the egg mixture, slowly pour the new mixture into the remaining heated milk, still while whisking.
- Once both mixtures are combined, continue to heat the blend, under low heat, until the new mixture evenly coats the back of a metal spoon.
- After the mixture is finished, remove from heat and mix in the coffee.
- Chill the mixture over night, or until completely cooled.
- Follow your ice cream machine’s instructions to produce the ice cream product.
Chameleon Cold-Brew https://www.chameleoncoldbrew.com/
0 out of 5 based on 0 reviews.Overall rating: