Chameleon Cold-Brew Red Eye Texas Chili
Combine the bold flavors of cold brew coffee and the savory elements of chili for a hearty and smoky dish with our Chameleon Cold-Brew Red Eye Texas Chili recipe.
- 6 Guajillo chilies
- 6 Ancho chilies
- 1 Arbol chili
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck
- 1/8 cup corn masa
- 2 TBSP olive or avocado oil
- 1 yellow or brown onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (12 oz) Mexican beer
- 12 oz Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate
- 2 TBSP sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- diced onion
- cotija or jack cheese
- fresh tortillas
- Optional: Fritos
- Toast chilies in pan over medium heat until aromatic.
- Cover with water and let sit for 30 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, cut beef into 2” chunks and toss with corn masa.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a new pan. Over medium-high heat, sear one side of 1/2 your beef chunks, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Place your seared meat into your crock pot.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion and garlic.
- Cook for about 8 minutes until onions are translucent and a little golden.