Chameleon Cold-Brew Pop Tarts
Your morning coffee and pastry are now one with this scrumptious Chameleon Cold-Brew Pop Tart recipe! Enjoy the sweetness of chocolate and the kick of cold brew coffee.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup butter, cold & cubed
- 2/3 cup cold Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate
- egg wash (egg mixed with water)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or your filling of choice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 TBSP Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate
- chocolate sprinkles
- Stir together flour, sugar and salt. Using a fork, smash in cold butter until it resembles coarse sand.
- Mix in just enough Chameleon Cold-Brew until a dough ball forms, careful not to over mix.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll out your dough on floured surface until 1/8 inch thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 8, 3"x8" rectangles, keeping it as cold as possible the whole time.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling on one end of the rectangle.
- Brush the egg wash around the filling and fold the dry end over the end with filling.
- Seal all 4 edges by crimping with a fork and poke holes in the top of your pastry to let steam escape. Then brush the top with egg wash.
- Repeat with remaining 7 rectangles and move pop tarts to baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Chill pop tarts 20 minutes+ as your oven preheats to 400*F 10. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. The darker they get they crunchier they will be. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Make icing glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, cacao powder, and Chameleon Cold-Brew.
- Spoon over the top of each pop tart and immediately add sprinkles. Let the icing dry and serve warm.