An afternoon pick-me-up gets even more energizing when it’s served up icy cold. You can pour some extra coconut milk on top for a creamier treat.
- 2 3/4 cups unsweetened cold brew coffee concentrate (such as Chameleon)
- 1 3/4 cups refrigerated coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Place a 9-by-13-inch baking dish in the freezer.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth. Pour the coffee mixture into the baking dish, skim off foam and return to the freezer.
3. Freeze for 11/2 hours, then remove the dish from the freezer and scrape the granita with a large fork. The mixture will be slushy; return to the freezer and scrape every 30 minutes, for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours total. The granita will have a flaky, fluffy texture.
4. Serve in cups or dessert bowls. Once frozen, you can transfer the granita to an airtight container and keep in the freezer for a week.