Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but for those needing an even bigger push to their mornings, an energizing boost is more than necessary. Instead of reaching for that second (or even third) cup of Chameleon Cold-Brew, create something new by adding an adaptogenic or superfood ingredient into your caffeinated blend. Not only will these flavors add some color to your cup, but they will keep you alert, focused and ready to take on the day with a full #Maker mentality.
Below are five of our favorite cold-brew hacks and recipes to keep us excited and energized. Switch up your morning routine and spend a little more time in the kitchen before heading out the door – your tastebuds won’t regret it!
Known for its extra caffeine boost, matcha acts as a superfood since it is filled with antioxidants and has been known to increase alertness. This green elixir is not only tasty but trendy, appearing in ice cream, cookies, bars and various coffee creations.
We recommend crafting a cup cold-brew with matcha tea powder for the ultimate coffee upgrade. Both recipes below use our Vanilla Concentrate:
2. Maca Powder
This “magical root” (as many call it) is a vegetable mostly consumed in powder-like form. Known for providing the body with iron and vitamin c benefits, this superfood easily pairs with chocolate and cold-brew into a delicious, morning treat! Grab our Mocha Concentrate, maca powder, cacao powder and coconut milk and to re-create this beautiful, morning blend.:
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup Chameleon Cold-Brew Mocha Concentrate
- 4 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- Over medium heat bring milk, Chameleon Cold-Brew and dates to a simmer then turn off heat.
- Blend heated mixture with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Divide into 2 mugs and top with your favorites (we used coconut whipped cream & shaved dark chocolate)
Sprinkling a pinch of cinnamon to your cup of cold-brew not only sweetens the taste, but can help lower blood sugar and boost antioxidants. Cinnamon can also help you save calories, by replacing your sugar and cream addiction with this naturally sweet ingredient. Treat yourself to this seasonal blend all-year long, which can easily enhance any of our concentrates or ready-to-enjoy flavors.
Coconut oil or even shredded, coconut solid pieces may provide various boosts to your morning cup of cold-brew, such as weight loss and an Alzheimer’s disease prevention. While these claims are still under review, we think the flavor itself is worth the addition! Use our Mocha Concentrate and craft our Toasted Coconut Latte recipe (picture above):
- 6 oz Chameleon Cold-Brew Mocha Coffee Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons coconut syrup
- 4oz coconut milk
- Coconut sugar for sprinkling
- Toasted coconut for topping
- Rim cold brew glass with coconut sugar and add ice, cold brew, coconut syrup and coconut milk.
- Top with toasted coconut and enjoy!
This golden adaptogen has been making noise in the food market for quite some time, especially with various cold-brew coffee recipes. Turmeric, ancient medicinal powder, is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. This is due to the curcumin, the ingredient inside turmeric which holds the same amount of power as anti-inflammatory medicines. Other benefits (besides the beautiful color) include boosting brain power. We’ve been known to use this adaptogen a few times in some favorite recipes, all of which can be found below:
- Turmeric Golden Milk Latte Smoothie
- Lemongrass and Ginger Cocktail
- Coconut Mojito
- Adaptogenic Ombré Cold-Brew Waffles
- Vegan Cold-Brew Horchata
- Golden Eye Coffee — (pictured above)
Cacao Golden Milk Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup milk of your choosing, we used whole
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 – 2 teaspoons turmeric powder, depending on your tastebuds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- A dash or two of cayenne powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Golden Eye Iced Cold-Brew Coffee Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
- 1 ½ cup Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee
- Chocolate sauce (stir together 1 tablespoon each melted coconut oil and melted dark chocolate)
- Over medium heat bring milk, all spices, vanilla and avocado oil to a boil then reduce to a low simmer, whisking for about 3 minutes.
- Remove Cacao Golden Milk from heat and chill. (Can be done in advance!)
- Pour 3⁄4 Chameleon Cold-Brew into 2 glasses and top each with 1⁄2 your chilled Cacao Golden Milk.
- Into each glass, stir in 1 teaspoon of sweetener then top with ice and a drizzle of chocolate sauce!